Friday, October 10, 2008

Overcoming Obstacles and Oh my God, They Killed Kenny





So, I need to start somewhere, right? The first order on my agenda? Make a complete list of repairs and solutions.

I will not bore you with that.


Tonight probably isn't the best time to begin curing. I will tell you why. At about, oh, 4:30, every single one of our friends starts to call. It's Friday. What's going on this weekend, what are we doing... and, although we are very, VERY fortunate to have a wonderful group of friends, it makes it difficult to get alot of housework done. Most of our friends/family live a short distance from our home. We have a fair amount of regular drop-ins. Just about the time I pull out the contents of my kitchen cabinets, three people come by.


I SWEAR I AM NOT PUTTING THIS OFF.


This very often leaves:

A. Sunday mornings for clearing clutter and cleaning up from Saturday night

and

B. When I get home from work during the week...IF we don't have a previous engagement. Or, a spontaneous invitation.


Most of the time they hang out and watch South Park and play video games or drink. Heavily.

Thank goodness we recycle, that's all I'm gonna say.


I am going to try to work on one cabinet or drawer at a time. Now, normally, I wait until it is out of control and clean everything in sight. I'm experimenting. I read a great quote online a while ago. I printed it out, but didn't site it. Oops. But, I think it applies to my situation.


"Do one thing. Changing one thing changes everything."


Beautiful.


Now, I must go. I have to take something out to the trash as per my therapist.

No comments: