Thursday, October 09, 2008

To 69 and Beyond...


Hello Again! Following the apartment therapy cure is definitely a life changing experience. I've started my second cure (actually this is week zero) so that I will be completed by Thanksgiving. I hope.

N, my boyfriend, is really tired of living with all my clutter. I'm tired of apologizing for loose ends that need to be tied up to visitors that come to my home. He has proclaimed he is a cool person. I, conversely, am a warm person. I love to have "things" in my home. I am really hell bent on getting input from him, because I think it's VERY important to make where we live our home, not just mine. So, I tried to have him take the test. I really wanted to see where he thinks our home ranks. All I could extract from him is that Samuel L. Jackson is his favorite actor, and that our home is unhealthy. Ouch. Then, I told him the homework assignment. To read up to page 69. Heehee. He took it as a sign and said we should start "therapizing" as soon as possible. He cracks me up.

Anyway, I've been trying to find inspiration. I had lunch with a friend of mine the other day at a really cool mexican restaurant called "Agave" in Lewes. I think I found my inspiration. The walls are a beautiful creamy yellow. The dark wood is more rustic than refined. It has two great u-shaped window seats with buttercream and taupe and rust crewel throw pillows tossed into the corners. I fell in love. The food was yummy, too. I would love to paint my living room that creamy yellow color, but it is WAAAY too big, I think. Since I am the only one who will paint, I think it is an undertaking that I cannot do right now. Plus, I have $400.00 for my budget. For 4 rooms. This is going to take some serious effort on my part...

And, since I can't find any photos on the web of the above mentioned restaurant, here is a photo of the food there. Lame, I know. Photo from Flickr- Jake Slagle. I have to bring my camera next time.

No comments: